- The GroundScrew is a top quality ScrewPile System, individually engineered, customised and manufactured to our Clients’ requirements for each project.
- The GroundScrew is a hot finish seamless round hollow section with a one or more helices welded to it. It is constructed of ASTM A Gr106-B/C grade carbon steel,
- which is of excellent quality. It can be galvanised if conditions necessitate this.
- The GroundScrew is available in diameters from 60mm to 1M with one or more helices. A variety of combinations of diameters and helices ensure that each GroundScrew will perform to requirements for either small or large projects.
- The GroundScrew is a tried and tested system; it has been used very successfully in North America and beyond for the past 16 years in all types of substrates and conditions from tundra in Alaska to the swamps in Florida.
- The GroundScrew can be inserted well beyond the recognised depth where heave and desiccation can take place.
- The GroundScrew can be used in new build situations; a ring beam can be constructed on top to provide a well founded base for single and multi-storey structures.
- The GroundScrew can be inserted well beyond the depth achievable with traditional foundations.
- The GroundScrew is extremely quick to install, especially compared with traditional methods, thereby saving in time and labour costs.
- No time is wasted waiting for concrete to cure.
- The GroundScrew is excellent for brown field sites.
- The GroundScrew can be used in remedial situations even to the point where a building can be jacked up using our specially designed capping detail.
- The GroundScrew can be installed in areas where height restriction is a factor.
- There is minimum disturbance to the soil and the structure.
- There is also minimum disturbance to the inhabitants of the structure.
- The GroundScrew can be used in compression as a normal load bearing pile or in tension as a soil nail or tie-back to support, for example, earth retaining walls.
- The GroundScrew requires no grouting or other processes.
- The GroundScrew can easily be battered into position if necessary, making it ideal for tie-backs.
- The GroundScrew is extremely easy to install using conventional machinery.
- The GroundScrew can be screwed accurately into position ensuring perfect placement.
- The GroundScrew is screwed, with maximum energy efficiency, into the ground using a torque motor as opposed to being vibrated into position.
- Gauges monitor the torque and provide a guide to the load capacity being borne by the GroundScrew.
- Sections of the GroundScrew are connected with either high tensile bolts, for the smaller diameter GroundScrews, or welding for the larger diameter GroundScrews.
- Various capping details are available for both new build and remedial applications.
- The GroundScrew is very environmentally friendly.
- There is very little or no spoil removal and hence no landfill.
- Transport and fuel implications associated with spoil removal are also reduced.
- The quantities of sand, cement and water required in traditional foundations are not required.
- The GroundScrew can be removed and reused which makes it ideal for temporary buildings.
- The GroundScrew can be positioned adjacent to trees and shrubs with minimal damage.
Each GroundScrew is individually engineered, customised and manufactured to our Clients’ requirements for each project – bring us your proposal and we shall provide you with an engineered specification.
TOOLING AND ACCESSORIES
We can provide you with accessories and all associated tooling of the highest quality with which to use our range of products.